What data we need
Glazewise Ltd. will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location-based information. This does, however, include name, email and phone number etc.
Why we need this data
We may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
– Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience
– We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To improve our Site
– We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To process payments
– We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order.
To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
– To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
To send periodic emails
– We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How long we keep this data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. We have a data protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us through our website www.glazewise.co.uk call us on 0800 001 6633 or email email@example.com and we will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may place on your computer or device when you visit a site. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit.
Purpose of cookies
Our cookies are put into the categories below.
– We use these cookies to monitor Site performance. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience by quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise.
– We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, we use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services, such as allowing you to watch a video online or comment on a news article.
How to manage cookies
If you wish to manage your cookies, select your browser below for instructions on changing your cookie settings. If you do wish to disable cookies, it may mean certain sections of our Site may not work properly.
– Chrome, Chrome Android, Chrome iOS
– Safari, Safari iOS
– Internet Explorer
For all other browsers, please look for a “help” function in your browser or contact the browser provider.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any queries about the way we use personal information or cookies, please contact us at:
127A Belgrave Avenue
0800 001 6633
This document was last updated on May 25th, 2018